Google: 63% Web Users Installed Ad Blockers
According to a Google survey, 63% of the web users installed ad blockers because there are too many ads and 48% of them have installed an ad blocker due to annoying ads.
Further in this research, Google has advised publishers on engaging with people online.
On engaging people, Google team says, “When you try to reach people who use ad blockers on your site you need to do so in a way that is respectful and elevating. Be sure to follow the recommendations above, and check off these steps to ensure your message stays on the mark:
- Remove negative ad experiences from your site — learn more
- Learn why people use ad blockers on your site
- Plan your strategy using whitelist requests, article counters or paywalls
- Design your whitelist request messaging around your audience
- Monitor how people respond to your strategy”.
Comments are closed.