Better Business Bureau’s Online Interest-Based Advertising Accountability Program #ad
Beginning tomorrow, the Better Business Bureau (BBB) will be auditing and enforcing their Online Interest-Based Advertising Accountability Program. They want marketers to clarify to website visitors when they gather data for Online Behavioral Advertising (OBA).
Not only that, but also California Governor Jerry Brown recently signed into law a bill amending the California Online Privacy Protection Act to require website privacy notices to disclose how your site responds to “Do Not Track” signals, and whether third parties may collect personal information when a consumer uses the site.
Online marketers are faced with major new disclosure requirement, and the complexity of these requirements may trap unsuspecting marketers. Is your site ready?
Bill Guthrie has developed Privacy Simplified WP Plugin to remove your risk of non-compliance.
It’s an easy-to-use WordPress plugin that allows you to use one of our 5 attorney-drafted disclosures with your Posts and Pages:
• No Material Connection – Lets your visitors know you’re not receiving ANY type of compensation for writing the post.
• Affiliate Links – Notifies site visitors that you will be compensated if they purchase through one of your affiliate links.
• Review or Sample Copy – Explains that you received a review or sample copy of the product you’re writing about.
• Sponsored Post – Disclaims that you were compensated in some form to write the post.
• Third Party Advertising – Lets your site visitors know that you’re using online behavioral tracking technology. This satisfies the “enhanced notice” the Better Business Bureau requirement.
• No Text – If you don’t want to show any notice on a particular post, you can use this “no text” override feature.
• Custom Text – If you want to write your own “custom text” solution.
• And to simplify things even further, you can choose a Default Disclosure to show on all your Pages and Posts
And it includes a styling feature to make these new disclosures match your existing site look and feel.
Be safe; include proper disclosures. Guthrie’s plugin makes it easy, and you get an “unlimited websites” license. Get it here: Privacy Simplified Plugin
And, by the way, this is an affiliate link. IM NewsWatch will be compensated if you purchase through this link.
Comments are closed.