Search Engine Optimization (often abbreviated "SEO") refers to steps taken to make a website easy for search engines to understand and to value highly. These optimization techniques are roughly divided into two types: on-page and off-page.
On-page techniques include assuring that there is a title that reflects what the page is about, that the code on the page is compliant with HTML and other standards, and that the term you want the page to rank well for is featured prominently on the page.
Off-page techniques refer to linking to the page from other web pages, on the same site or on other sites. Links from social media sites are particularly important in off-page optimization.
A closely related term is "Search Engine Marketing", which refers to the practice of SEO for the purpose of using listings in search engine results pages for marketing products and services.
- Common Mistakes with Technical SEO [Podcast]
- Guide to create effective SEO strategies for your business
- On-Page SEO Guide [SEO Tips & Tricks for Bloggers]
- State of SEO and SEM in 2019
- How to Rank a Local Business Website
- Targeted Traffic from Targeted backlinks. Discount till Midnight #ad
- RSS Authority Sniper: Gives your site higher rankings and more traffic #ad
- SEO Gladiators build your search engine rank #ad
- Untapped Keyword Research: find keywords that lead to higher sales #ad
- Matt Callen’s New Traffic Recon, live at Noon EDT #ad
- Giga Pin Traffic: Don’t depend on Google for your traffic #ad
- Untapped Authority Backlinks can improve your SEO #ad
- Comment Commander Pro: Backlinks that make a difference #ad
- Authority Revolution: Mini-sites are Dead; Authority Sites Rule #ad
- Comment Commander Pro: drive targeted traffic and build ranking #ad
- Keyword Grabber: Long-tail Keywords to Easily Generate Massive Traffic #ad
- Jeff Hampton’s 24 hour Marketing Success Plan: Free #ad
- Wikipedia Links provide increased authority for your site #ad
- Chris Munch’s Signal Pigeon for top-notch SEO #ad
- SEO Resurrection: A better search results position for your site #ad More..