Everything You Need to Know about Market Research
Effective market research helps you gather, analyze, and interpret information about your market. It helps you gain in-depth insights into your domain.
Ahrefs contributor Mateusz Makosiewicz has published an in-depth article on market research.
He says, “In this guide, you’ll learn:
- The role of market research in a marketing strategy
- When to conduct market research
- Types of market research
- Market research methods and their benefits
- How to conduct market research (example included)
- Market research tools and resources
What is the role of market research in a marketing strategy?
A marketing strategy is a business’s overall game plan for reaching consumers and turning them into customers.
The key word in the above definition is “game plan”. Entering a market with a product is like starting a new game. Since you’re new to the game, you don’t know the rules, and you don’t know who you’re playing against”.