Cyber Monday was Amazon’s single biggest shopping day
Amazon has announced that this Cyber Monday was the company’s single biggest shopping day in its history.
According to Amazon, customers from the whole world ordered more than 18 million toys and 13 million fashion items (combining on Black Friday and Cyber Monday).
Jeff Wilke, CEO Worldwide Consumer at Amazon says, “Black Friday and Cyber Monday continue to break records on Amazon year over year, which tells us that customers love shopping for deals to kick off the holiday shopping season. With curated gift guides, convenient shopping experiences, incredible product selection, and free shipping with no minimum purchase amount, Amazon offers customers tremendous value—sure to deliver smiles all season long”.
Here are Amazon’s holiday weekend highlights:
- “Sales by small and medium-sized businesses worldwide grew more than 20 percent on Black Friday year-over-year.
- Throughout the Turkey 5, Amazon.com customers ordered more than 180 million items.
- Prime members got into the Christmas spirit over the holiday weekend—Christmas lights were a bestseller on Prime Now.
- The best-selling products at Amazon 4-star and Amazon Books over the Turkey 5 weekend included the all-new Echo Dot, Becoming by Michelle Obama, the Amazon Smart Plug, and the L.O.L. Surprise Series toys.
- The best-selling products at Amazon Pop-Up device kiosks over the Turkey 5 weekend included the all-new Echo Dot and the Amazon Smart Plug”. [source: Amazon]
Find out more from company’s official press release.
Comments are closed.