Are you using invitational marketing?
Invitational marketing, as its name suggests, is a form of marketing where you put an individual customer at the center and convert him into a customers.
Econsultancy’s David Newberry has shared an useful article on invitational marketing and why marketers need it.
Newberry says, “What should modern marketing really look like? The way to approach this is to put yourself in the shoes of your prospective and current customers and to identify what you really believe their needs, expectations and aspirations are. Here are some thoughts:
- Consumers don’t want to be disrupted, based on company goals
- Consumers desire to be able to choose when they engage, and in what form they wish to engage (device / channel). They are weary and over-saturated with direct engagement
- Consumers want offers “In the Moment” when it makes sense to them, not the brand
- Consumers want to receive compelling and rewarding experiences, it is not just about what you offer but about how you offer it
- Consumers want to be able to define how their engagement unfolds – they want control. They want to define their own journey”.
Comments are closed.