‘6 Secrets to Ensure Your Prospect Well Never Runs Dry’ – ‘Site Reference’ Newsletter
The latest ‘Site Reference’ newsletter has been released. The featured article is titled “Online Marketing to Prospects: 6 Secrets to Ensure Your Prospect Well Never Runs Dry” by Donna Gunter. [Site Reference Newsletter]
The latest Site Reference newsletter has been released.
‘Online Marketing to Prospects: 6 Secrets to Ensure Your Prospect Well Never Runs Dry’
by Donna Gunter
Many service business owners, once they become busy working with current clients, no longer make the time to market their businesses. It’s only when business has dropped off (and the well is starting to run dry) that they frantically begin marketing their businesses again, anxious to fill in the gaps. When they speak to prospective clients, the prospects can hear the desperation in their voice and are thus unlikely to hire them. Frustrated by rejection, the business owner is off again, desperately seeking more clients. Does this describe your marketing pattern? If so, you’re not alone.
More than 50% of service business owners experience this feast or famine scenario. What if you could create an environment so that the well never ran dry and would permit you to continuously market and promote your business? There is another way to keep yourself supplied with an eagerly waiting list of prospects with whom you can work when you have the time and space in your business. Often referred to as “drip marketing,” this strategy is defined by a deliberate, planned and sequenced system of deploying marketing messages over a period of time. In many cases, drip marketing is conducted through direct mail, but the Internet entrepreneur can create her own drip marketing campaign as well.
Here are 6 secrets you can use to create your online drip marketing campaign and keep prospects in your pipeline:
1. Client attraction device. The best way to get prospects into your marketing funnel is to give away something that would compel them to part with their name and email address and join your list. Often called an “ethical bribe”, your client attraction device must answer a pressing problem experienced by your target market. You can format this information into an ebook, special report, ecourse, audio recording, video, or some combination of all of these.
2. Newsletter: Whether you choose to publish a hard copy newsletter that’s directly mailed to your prospects or an email newsletter that is emailed on a regular schedule to your list, your newsletter is the best “stay in touch” device that you have. Regular publication of an email newsletter (weekly is most effective) will enable your prospects to get to know, like and trust you and have you be top of mind when they are ready to solve the pressing problems that fall within your line of expertise.
3. Blog. Business blogging has become more popular than ever. Blogs use RSS feed technology to immediate get new posts and updates out to your blog subscribers through a feed reader, Unlike ezines or traditional websites, search engines index blog posts almost immediately, which help you generate traffic to your website. You need to post 2-3 times per week to keep your readers interested and coming back.
4. Article marketing. One of the best ways to generate traffic to your site or to your blog is to regular write and publish high quality articles that demonstrate your expertise. In addition to placing these articles on your website and blog, you’ll want to get them distributed throughout the Internet on high traffic article directories. Ezine publishers, reporters, print media editors, and bloggers all frequent article directories in search of quality content to present to their readers.
5. Social networking. If you don’t yet have accounts on the two most popular social networking platforms, Facebook and Twitter, today is the day to hop on board. Business owners are getting prospects on their lists and making sales every day to people they met exclusively through social networking. Best of all, these strategies are free of charge!
6. Public speaking/teleclasses. What better way to wow prospects than for them to hear you speak at an organizational meeting or on a teleclass? Speaking locally to groups comprised of your target market or holding teleclasses are very effective ways to build your list and increase the number of prospective clients. Design a signature speech or teleseminar that demonstrates your knowledge and expertise without giving away the store (focus on the what and the why but not the how) that compels your listeners to visit your website or request your client attraction device and get on your list.
Don’t become overwhelmed and try all of these strategies at once. Pick one that you find appealing and work at it for 3 months. If you discover that you don’t enjoy it or that it’s not working for you, try another one. Continue to slowly add more drip marketing strategies until the process is firmly ingrained in your day-to-day business practices. Ultimately, you’ll create a list of prospects who are ready, waiting, and eager to hire you. Copyright (c) 2008 OnlineBizU.com
About Donna Gunter
Online Business Manager and Online Business Coach Donna Gunter helps independent service professionals learn how to automate their businesses, leverage their expertise on the Internet, and get more clients online. To claim your FREE gift, TurboCharge Your Online Marketing Toolkit, visit her site at http://www.OnlineBizU.com . Ask Donna an Internet Marketing question at http://www.AskDonnaGunter.com
Top Strategies and Intelligence…
How to Optimize for Google: Part 3 of 3
You want your website in the top rankings at the titan of searchengines, Google. With a little planning and thought, there are methodsto do this without hard work or heartache. In the last of thisthree-part article series, learn the final SEO tricks to ensure thatGoogle will absolutley love and promote your site.
Put Your Website to Work – Monetize your traffic today!
Join Neverblue Ads and access 1000’s of high quality offers. With advertisers in every vertical, you’re sure to find some high converting ads to help monetize your traffic.
Lots and lots of content makes you more search engine friendly, helpsestablish your knowledge and expertise, explains in detail what youoffer, and justifies that offer with all the explanations, statistics,and rationale you can muster. The problem is nobody reads it.
A Few Words From Our Experts…
Give Your Visitors Confidence To Buy: Getting Past The Order Form
Your sales are reduced when you fall victim to a very common problem.Prospects not getting past your Order Form. WHY they run is simple.Lack of confidence. WHAT to do about it is a bit more involved. You canreduce your prospects vamoosing (is there correct spelling forsynthesized words?) from your Order Form with a few simple adjustmentsand additions to your web sales process. Overall, it’s about addingmarketing copy at the top of your Order Form. The online marketing andecommerce system that I use, www.HandsFreeBusiness.com allows me to put HTML, audio and video at the top of their secure order forms…
How to Sell to the Rich – Part 2
I received some interesting comments about my last post. It seems thereare a few readers out there who are not marketers, either of the onlineor offline kind. And they didn’t agree with my contention that moneybrings happiness (and that more money brings more happiness). And, thatif you are ever to become a successful direct marketer – specifically,one who markets to the rich – you must first, as a priori, want withall your might – to be rich! One reader went so far as to imply that Iwas a moron (ouch!) Okay, so these dissenters probably either scannedthe post or didn’t fully understand it – and saw only what they wantedto see – an opportunity to disagree. I mean, after all, how couldanyone in their right mind ever disagree with anything I say? Sheesh!
Succeed With These Webmaster Resources…
Fre*e Adsense Ads
Learn the exact same secret that allows 1 man to get all his Google ads completely free while everyone else has to keep paying for theirs.
The Ultimate Guide To Personalized Search- FR*EE DOWNLOAD
I can’t stress enough that people need to understand the implication for Personalized Search in order to go forward. This could decidely change how an SEO operates as well as how they qualify campaigns and therefore plays a huge role on your site’s success…
Want Your Visitors To Keep Coming Back?
All you need to do is give them an incentive and we’ve got you covered. We’ve spent years collecting books on every topic and now you can give them away for FR*EE to your visitors in just minutes…
Questions, Answers and Discussions From Our Members…
Can I Use Google Analytics with Blogger/Blogspot?
One of our members wants to know if it’s possible to use the GoogleAnalytics sytem on her blogs through Blogger or Blogspot — and if so,what the best method is for implementing it. Find out by readingexperts’ comments.
PicScout Making Money from Finding Copyright Issues
Are you aware that there are nefarious spider bots scanning images onyour website for illegally-gotten images from libraries such as Gettyand iStockPhoto? Learn more about what web developers are dealing with.
How to Use Reviews as a Marketing Tool
Looking for a way to write product or service reviews that will generate advertisement for blog or site? Find out what other users are doing to gain traffic through writing or submitting their reviews.
Punctuation… Does It Matter?
Korat wants to know if he’s using keyword phrasing for his websitebuild, and his phrases are incorrectly written, will it cause anyeffect to the site’s ranking on search engines. Read what the pros say and put in your two cents about incorrect grammar in keyword phrases.
Basket Lady says she’s struggling with her web domains. She is havingto rename her business, and consequently she believes she needs torename her online address. She does not want to lose her rankings withsearch engines and needs some advice on URL redirects.
Where to Place Banners on a Website?
While I am selecting a banner ad position for my website, which ofthese positions are the most profitable ones for click generation, oris it the same everywhere? Where would you put your banners?
RSS Feed: Use our articles as your content – subscribe to our RSS feed
Want to read more articles? Go to the front page of Site Reference
We also have plenty of articles in our archives
*IMNewswatch would like to thank Site-Reference for granting permission to reprint the latest newsletter.
Comments are closed.