An article directory is a web site maintained to house articles written by individuals who want to spread their fame on the internet. When these authors place their articles in the directory, they are giving permission to all the visitors to the directory to read the article there, but, more importantly, to reprint the article on any website they own.
Each article in the directory has an information paragraph about the author. This author information must be included with the article when it is reprinted. This information usually contains a link to the author's website (so that readers can easily visit) and other business information about the author.
The attraction of these article directories for authors is that their article may be reprinted by various webmasters and each time it is reprinted another link to the author's site is created, as well as another mention of the author's name, both of which can bring additional prominence to the author and additional traffic to the author's site.
- ‘Does Google Hate Article Marketing?’ – by Kyle
- ‘How To Get Traffic With Article Marketing’ by Charlie Page
- ‘3 Tips For Making Article Marketing Profitable’ by Ryan Even
- ‘New Article Marketing Debate – Should You Write Your Own Articles or Outsource It?’ by Eric Gruber
- ‘Article Marketing For Continual Profits’ by Adam Short
- ‘[VIDEO] Article Marketing and Duplicate Content’ by Jeff Herring
- ‘Article Marketing and Duplicate Content – The Definitive Answer You Can Profit From’ by Jeff Herring
- ‘Webinar: Article Marketing + Social Marketing = Social Content Traffic’ by Jeff Herring